If you have ordered the RLC-811A or if you are interested in this camera model, and want to get some basic information about this product before putting it in use or placing the order, you may refer to the introduction below.
This article includes the following 4 parts which will help you quickly understand the use and working principle of the camera:
Unboxing Video of RLC-811A
If you just receive your new camera and are not familiar with the camera, you can have a look at the video below about unboxing, setup and installation of the camera.
You may find detailed information about the structure and components of the camera here.
- Metal Aluminum Case
- 4 IR LEDs
- High-Definition Lens (f=2.7-13.5mm)
- 5 Spotlights
- Reset Button
- Waterproof Lid
For more specifications of the 811A, please refer to Specifications-811A
Installation of RLC-811A
To make the camera work properly and monitor the designed area, you need to connect the camera to the network, and also mount the camera with a bracket as you need.
To get it connected, you need to use the PoE Switch (IEEE 802.3af, 48V Active) or DC Power (DC 12.0V⎓2A, <24W) to power it on first. You can refer to the diagram below to connect it to the network:
If you want to make Reolink NVR work with the camera, then its connection diagram will be like below:
Please refer to the following steps to install the camera with the mount.
Step 1. Take out the mounting wrench, and adjust the camera to any angle you want.
Step 2. Tighten this screw toward the direction of the Lock symbol after you adjust the camera to a suitable angle.
Step 3. Drilling three screw holes on the wall according to the mounting hole template.
Step 4. Secure the camera in place by tightening the screws.
Step 5. If you want to adjust the angle of this camera, you can loosen the screw toward the direction of Unlock symbol.
- Do not face the camera toward any light sources.
- Do not point the camera toward a glass window. Otherwise, it may result in poor image performance due to the window glare from infrared LEDs, ambient lights or status lights.
- Do not place the camera in a shaded area and point it towards a well-lit area. Otherwise, it may result in poor image performance. For better image quality, please make sure that the lighting condition for both the camera and the captured object is the same.
- For better image quality, it is recommended that the lens be cleaned with a soft cloth regularly.
- Make sure the power ports are not exposed to water or moisture or blocked by dirt or other elements.
- Do not install the camera in places where rain and snow may hit the lens directly.
- The camera may work in extremely cold conditions as low as -25°C as it will produce heat when powered on. You may power on the camera indoors for a few minutes before installing it outdoors.
Micro SD Card Installation
Please refer to the steps below to install the Micro SD card on your camera.
Step 1. Find the Micro SD card slot and unscrew the screws to open it.
Step 2. Insert the Micro SD card, please use your fingernail (or use a pen or a needle) to push the Micro SD card in until you feel it is locked, and you will hear a click sound and the Micro SD card will not pop out if the camera is inserted in properly.
Step 3. Screw the screws to close the cover tightly.
To set up the camera, you need to connect the camera to a PoE switch/injector for network connection. After that, you may finish the initial setup via both Reolink App and Reolink Client.
On Reolink App
Step 1. Open the Reolink App, click "+" on the upright corner, and scan the QR code on the camera to add it.
Step 2. Create the password, name the device, and then start to live view.
For more details, please refer to How to Do Initial Setup for Reolink PoE cameras via Reolink App
- Step 1. Open the Reolink App, click "+" on the upright corner, and scan the QR code on the camera to add it.
On Reolink Client
Step 1. Launch the Reolink Client, click the Add button and then find the device by scanning in LAN or by entering UID/IP.
Step 2. Click the Add button.
Step 3. Create a password and a name for your camera, then you will be able to live view the camera.
To get more information, please have a look at How to initially Set up PoE Cameras via Reolink Client (New Client)
- Step 1. Launch the Reolink Client, click the Add button and then find the device by scanning in LAN or by entering UID/IP.